Wednesday 15 August 2012

Trusted Friend or the Evil Empire?


Two thought-provoking pieces in the newspapers, within a matter of days.

Apple's cloud rains on its own parade
John Naughton reports on the risks in placing all your digital possessions up there in the Cloud.
"In the space of one hour my entire digital life was destroyed. First my Google account was taken over, then deleted. Next my Twitter account was compromised, and used as a platform to broadcast racist and homophobic messages. And worst of all, my AppleID account was broken into, and my hackers used it to remotely erase all of the data on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook."
 Read more here

A paragon of internet virtue no more
Andrew Smith writes about the latest scandal to hit Google, once the ‘good guys’ and now increasingly being seen as switching to the dark side. Full article here



Declaration: I am of course very conscious that I’m writing this post on an Apple MacBook and posting it on a Google blog: such is life

No comments:

Post a Comment