Thursday 8 July 2010

Baby Ella

I can’t put it any better than to show here the text messages from Tuesday 6th July:

09.22. Hi. We've been at Whittington since 7. Hannah's doing great and things are progressing. I'll let you know as soon as there's any more news. Robin.

15.55. Baby Ella arrived at 3.16. She's beautiful. Hannah is doing fine and has been amazing all day. Speak soon when we're settled. X

Liz and I saw them in hospital yesterday afternoon. What can I say? A tearful moment, beautiful, wonderful, delicious, tiny (7lbs 9oz) a real delight.

They went home last night: two happy parents, and I’m a very proud Pops.




My own birth was recorded in the Manchester Guardian, as it was called in those days. So keeping with the family tradition, Ella’s birth was noted in this morning’s paper

No comments:

Post a Comment